Finalists in the grant program "Support for personal growth and empowerment of girls and women"
On November 25, we celebrate the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. The Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence, ratified on this day, is the largest international treaty in human history.
The “Dokova and Dokov for the Future” Foundation chose to mark this day by announcing the finalists who participated in the “Support for Personal Growth and Empowerment of Girls and Women” grant program:
- Project “Do the #1 thing for yourself: don’t be 1 of 3” of the “ProBudnik” Association, Sofia
- “My name is WOMAN” project of the “El Duende” Foundation, Varna
The aim of the program is to improve awareness in society and provide conditions for building and realizing the concepts of empowerment, personal happiness and development of girls and women.
- Change in the attitudes of the target groups – empowerment, developed desire and readiness to take personal responsibility for their own happiness and personal development;
- Built skills, knowledge for self-analysis, development, readiness for change and work on oneself;
- Better knowledge and engagement of society with the topic of non-violence and recognition of the personal right to development and happiness.
Program ‘Supporting personal growth and empowerment of girls and women’ is part of the campaign “Do #1thing for yourself” of the “Dokova and Dokov for Future” Foundation.